14 October 2010

Cornbread Salad

After doing a quick google search, I believe there are as many recipes for cornbread salad as there are cooks! Some recipes had ranch dressing, corn, pinto beans, jalepenos, sour cream, cheddar cheese and more. Most recipes called for an entire pan of cornbread, but I don't think I would ever bake cornbread just to make cornbread salad (even though I consider it a treat). Until the boys are bigger, I think I will always have leftovers, so I just pop it into the freezer and pull it out when I'm ready to make salad. I've never written out a recipe for my version of cornbread salad, but I'm going to give it a try for the sake of this blog. :)




Brown 250g of bacon bits or several rashers in a bit of oil.

In a large bowl, combine 2 med. diced tomatoes, 2 spring onions, 1/2 chopped green pepper, 1 tin black (or kidney) beans. Add cooled bacon bits.



Stir together 1/2 cup mayo and salt, pepper, vinegar, and sugar to suit your tastes.

Add to salad mixture stir well. Break up about half a pan of cornbread over top and stir until just combined. Refrigerate.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment