05 October 2013

Chocolate Blackberry Cupcakes

It's harvest time! I don't have a vegetable garden anymore, but I have enjoying making some yummy treats from some of the fruit I've forged around town. Apple butter, blackberry cobbler, elderberry jelly to name a few. AJ loves to pick blackberries and so we've had quite a few this year. The boys were asking for chocolate muffins a few days ago and I found this recipe. It was a hit with everyone but Hudson. He doesn't like the seeds in blackberries! Placing the blackberries on top is genius. When baked, they are perfectly in the center of the muffins instead of sinking to the bottom. We ate them plain, but chocolate frosting would also be nice.

Chocolate Blackberry Cupcakes

1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup caster sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
1½ cups self-raising flour
⅓ cup cocoa
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 cup milk
1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries berries

1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. Combine butter, sugar and eggs in a bowl and mix until light and creamy.
3. Sift flour, cocoa, and bi-carbonate soda and add to creamed mixture with milk.
4. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute or until mixture is smooth.
5. Spoon into greased ⅓ cup muffin pans.
6. Top all muffins evenly with blackberries and bake for 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment