Hmmm.....In the fridge: 1 cup steamed broccli, 1/2 cup steamed carrots, 3/4 cup corn, 2 large servings spagetti noodles....Meal Ideas:chicken vegetable alfredo over noodles, vegetable noodle soup, chinese fried noodles with vegetables
20 October 2014
Broccoli Casserole
Broccoli is in season. It has been on special offer in all the shops for less than half price and it is sooo good for you. I have it coming out my ears! My preferred method of cooking is simply steaming it in the microwave. It is so quick and AJ and William love it. (Hudson tolerates it in order to get dessert.) We are in a awkward place though where a large head it too much for one meal, but not quite enough for two so.... we always have leftovers. And last week there were some nice stems leftover from prepping Sunday dinner for the masses which made me think... why don't we eat these! So I've made a simple broccoli soup and a casserole with leftovers. For the casserole, I cut two chicken breasts into small pieces, seasoned them with salt and pepper and browned them in a bit of oil. Then in a large casserole dish I stirred together 3 cups leftover rice, 1 tin of condensed cream of chicken soup, 1 tin of milk, 3/4 jar of sour cream and chive dip (It was oily and we didn't care for it.) 1 1/2 cups leftover broccoli pieces, and the chicken. I covered it and baked it for about 40 minutes at 180 C. Jay and the three boys devoured it. This is definitely a leftover makeover that I will be working to improve in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment