03 October 2017

Energy balls

Energy balls are a big hit right now. All kinds of recipes are flooding the internet and for good reason... they are healthy biscuits essentially. Most include peanut butter for flavour and protein and that doesn't work with sensitives in our house, but I've made and few varieties. My kids aren't fooled. They can tell I'm trying to sneak in something healthy, but Jay and I have enjoyed them. I was cleaning out the press the other day in preparation for this week's big shop and decided to throw a few bits together and make some recipe-free. They turned out surprisingly well.

First, I threw half bag of almonds and half bag of figs from leftover from the Passover service and the bottom of a bag of banana chips into the food processor and chopped until fine. Then I added 1/2 cup mini milk chocolate chips,  about 2 cups Ready Break (baby fine porridge oats) and the chopped bits all together in a large bowl. Then I melted some butter and cracked 3 fresh eggs from our hens and stirred it all together until well combined. It was quite dry but I was able to press it into balls. Lastly, I baked them for 10 minutes in a medium oven.  Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment