09 April 2010

Easy Tzatziki

Does anyone else buy the huge tub of Greek Yogurt at Lidl? It is heavenly! I have always loved Greek food, and especially gyros. On holidays two years ago, we went to a little Greek restarant in Paris that made a fantastic gyro, and I decided I had to find ingredients so I could make them at home. I found frozen gyro meat at Lidl easily enough. (They also have great feta.) Aldi has a fabulous Mediterranean style flat bread that is head and shoulders better than the average supermarket pita. But, the tzatziki was a bit more difficult to figure out. The tzatziki at Tesco was oily (not my preference). The tzatziki at M&S was tasty but dear and I don't do any of my other shopping there. So, one day I set out to make my own with the remainder of the yogurt in that 1kg tub. Here is the result.

Easy Tzatziki
(my apologies to the Greek)

1 cup Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup very finely chopped cucumber
1 T very finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp dill
Dashes of salt, pepper, and garlic powder

Mix and refrigerate. Allow time for flavours to blend.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment