01 April 2010

Yummy Mounds/ Bounty Knock-off

Well, it looks like we are moving again. So, I figured it was time to start trying to use up all of those things in the kitchen that were used once and never finished or looked tasty in the shop, but were brought home and promptly forgotten. Three of the first things I pulled out of the inky shadows were 3/4 bar of dark cooking chocolate, most of a bag of shredded coconut (leftover from Christmas), and about a 1/2 cup of Golden syrup (also leftover from Christmas). I loved Mounds bars. I also love Bounty which are the Irish equivalent. I wasted no time making a yummy home made version! Sometimes you will see me struggling with measurements and wording as I try to make recipes readable for an American and Irish audience, but this one is easy.

Mounds/ Bounty Knock-off

Put coconut into a bowl and stir in a little Golden Syrup (lite Kayro syrup) at a time until everything sticks together. Roll into 1 inch balls. Place paper liners in a muffin tin. Melt chocolate with a bit of butter. Spoon a small amount of chocolate into each paper. Press a coconut ball into each paper smashing it flat. Drizzle remaining chocolate over the top. (It may need reheated. Be careful not to scorch it!) Chocolate should firm up in a couple of hours.

Enjoy!

NB Add almonds for Almond Joys!

No comments:

Post a Comment