In the shop today, I discovered they had bruschetta in a limited time only Italian section. O Yum! And in the produce they had beefsteak tomatoes! This looked like a match made in heaven. We love tomato bruschetta. If you don't have the real thing, any stale or firm white bread will do. Here is my delicious if not entirely authentic method...
First, I always put the bruschetta under the grill and toast the backside. This is especially important if you aren't going to be eating it immediately, because the bottom can get soggy.
Flip it over. Then, I drizzle on olive oil. I don't think you can really have too much. I love having it run down my arm while I eat. :)
Hubby loves pesto so I smear it on liberally for him, but I'm not too fond so I might just spinkle on a bit of salt and garlic for me.
Then, I top with thin slices of tomato, fresh Parmesan, and shredded mozzarella.
Put it back under a medium the grill until the the cheese just starts to brown.
Delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment