Ready for the oven!
If you try to give your family vegetables at every meal then you are bound to have leftovers. Especially if you use tinned because you never have exactly the right amount. Chicken pot pie is a great way to use up leftover:
corn
peas
carrots
green beans
onion
and even baked potatoes.
Pot pies are very forgiving and I've had tasty results with fresh, tinned, and frozen vegetables in various combinations. If you want you can keep a bowl in the freezer and add leftovers to it until you collect enough for a pie. I always follow a few simple guidelines.
1) Brown chicken first. I use about 500g per pie.
2) If using fresh veg, cook thoroughly, then add frozen, chilled ect... until all is piping hot. Drain all cooking water off of veg. (If using baked potatoes add them last.)
3) I add one bullion cube and one tin of cream of chicken soup to the mixture. (If you use condensed soup you probably won't need the bullion.)Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste...
4) Prepare a double pastry. Pour filling in and bake at 200 for about 45 minutes or golden brown and bubbly.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment