06 February 2012

Stuffed Mushrooms

After C & K's wedding there were bags and bags of bread crumbs leftover.  Normally I prefer cracker crumbs and I would only use bread crumbs for meatloaf (and I would make my own.) But they've come in handy for stuffing, meatballs, Parmesan chicken and stuffed mushrooms. The stuffed mushrooms were a big hit and the most simple I've ever made...no onions, bacon or anything but so delicious.

Stuffed Mushrooms


About 12 med mushrooms 1 1/2"-2"
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup melted butter
salt, garlic powder, sage, black pepper to taste
1/2 cup shredded cheddar

Wash and dry mushrooms.Remove stems and lower portion of mushroom caps, if necessary. Combine crumbs, butter, herbs, and spices. Spoon mixture into mushrooms and press  down. Sprinkle cheese over top and place on lightly buttered baking sheet. Broil on low heat until mushrooms begin to shrink and cheese is starting to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment