03 February 2013

It's been a good week!

I hadn't been on my game for a while now, but this week was quite a good week for leftovers!  What got me started was the ham bone in the freezer from the Christmas ham. I pulled it out and made pinto bean soup and cornbread. The leftover beans went into the fridge and leftover cornbread into the freezer. I hope to use the cornbread for cornbread salad one day soon. Two days later, I pulled the bag of bread out of the freezer (where I had been collecting the stale bread and heels) and made Chicken and Stuffing Casserole. As side dishes, I made mashed potatoes and green beans. That night the leftover green beans went into the fridge. The next day I pulled out the leftover pinto beans and made taco pie. To go with it, I made Spanish rice and shredded lettuce and tomato. The Spanish rice only used half of each of a red pepper, green pepper, and onion. So after I made the rice, I diced the other halves and sautéed them with mushrooms. After dinner, I stuck that in the fridge with the leftover lettuce and tomato. The next day I pulled out the sautéed vegetables and made chicken lasagne  For sides I pulled out the leftover green beans and added more vegetables to the lettuce and tomato to make a salad.   Also during the week I baked a whole butternut squash that I bought for half price. I used it in William's baby food for two days and then I filled an ice cube tray for froze individual portions for later use. The rest I used to make a delicious soup for lunch on Jay's day off. Yummy! We've eaten well all week and it's been a breeze!

1 comment: