24 May 2016

Omelets

 I've blogged before about omelets and Jay's love for taco meat in them. Now that the boys are bigger it doesn't matter how much taco meat I make there are never leftovers! But omelets are great for using may other leftovers too.

On Saturday, Jay and I made rhubarb and blackberry souffles. Delicious! But like pavlova and many other desserts you only use the egg whites. This recipe uses four egg whites, so we tucked away the egg yolks in an air-tight container in the fridge for making an omelet.  On Sunday morning, Jay made an amazing sort of French style omelet. He used the leftover eggs yolks plus a whole egg as well as part of an onion and a tomato leftover from dinner the night before. He added garlic, mushrooms, scallions, red and green bell pepper, ham, and cheddar cheese. So tasty. We also enjoy in our omelets; salsa, tomatoes, chili peppers, corgettes, cheeses of all kind, rashes, bacon, and herbs. Endless possibilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment